How To Maintain An Ultrasonic Cleaner ?
You may have already purchased an ultrasonic cleaner because you know how efficiently ultrasonic cavitation removes contaminants from most any wettable surface. But if you didn’t,don’t worry,this tips can still help you to learn more:
We know that Stainless steel is the preferred material of construction for ultrasonic cleaning tanks.That’s because of its high resistance to cavitation action and chemical attack by ultrasonic cleaning solutions.So,we always use a highly cavitation-resistant special 304 steel.
There is some factors will damage your cleaning tank :
Factor 1 : Cavitation erosion
What is cavitation erosion ? The transducer tank and particularly the ultrasound transmitting surfaces are wear parts.The changes on the surfaces that occur after a certain operating period are visible first as grey areas and later on as material abrasions, that is so-called cavitation erosion. Cavitation erosion is normal trend in any cleaning process and it can be slowed or minimized through proper use, regular tank cleaning and filtration of the cleaning solution. Erosion can be accelerated by dirt particles that settle on the tank bottom as they fall from parts being cleaned and abrade the surface. Acting as ultrasonically driven rills the particles can penetrate the metal and eventually cause leaks that require tank replacement. Erosion is also caused if parts are placed directly on the bottom of the tank instead of in baskets.
Factor 2 : Rust films
Rust is general caused by metal deposits or other particles from parts being cleaned,or from tap water used to dilute cleaning solution concentrates.It can be removed with a suitable cleaning chemical in the regular maintenance.Stubborn rust stains should be removed by filling the tank with water plus a cleaning concentrate and operating it at an elevated temperature per concentrate instructions.
Factor 3 : Water scale
water scale(furr)is caused by highly calciferous water in contact with hot surfaces,also described as calcium deposits. It can occur in areas around ultrasonic tank heating elements. It is minimized by turning on the ultrasonic power to circulate the solution in the tank. Removal procedures are the same as for rust films.
So,to prolong the service life of your ultrasonic unit,we present some tips on protecting your investment in the equipment, specifically the cleaning solution tank.We’ll cover the consequences of improper operating procedures and how to spot signs of potential problems.
- Pull the mains plug before carrying out any maintenance works!
- Check the casing and the mains cable regularly in order to prevent electrical accidents.
- Lime deposits on the stainless-steel tank can be cleaned gently.
- Check regularly the grid of the air fan at the bottom of the unit(for 10L to 30L).
- Remove dirt if necessary to allow sufficient ventilation inside the unit.
- Residues of cleaning media can be wiped away with a household cleaner or decalcifier depending on the kind of contamination.
- Do not put the unit in or under water!If the unit is used for medical and sanitary purposes.It is
- necessary to disinfect the transducer tank and the surfaces regularly.
- Regularly remove any cleaning residues, in particular metal particles and rust films.
- Exchange the cleaning medium before it is too heavily contaminated.
- Do not operate the ultrasound unnecessarily; switch off after the cleaning process.
About using the ultrasonic cleaning solutions for Maintenance :
1.Use suitable ultrasonic cleaning solutions, with particular caution concerning the kind of removed contamination .
2.Skimming off contaminants on the surfaces and setting aside for proper disposal.Some ultrasonic cleaners can be equipped with bath skimmers ,it would like a filters to remove hard contaminants that otherwise fall to the bottom and cause damage as described above.
3.As the cleaning time extends and results become unsatisfactory ,then the ultrasonic cleaning solutions need to be replaced .At this time the tank should be drained and contents along with any skimmed residues discarded following local regulations.
4.The tank should be thoroughly rinsed before adding a fresh cleaning solution .Do not dry the surface with towels because this may leave residues that contaminate fresh solutions.